Job Posting Date: December 10, 2018
Job Title: Early Childhood Assistant Educator (part time)
Hours: Hourly (M-F 8:00am-12:00pm)
Deadline to Apply: December 20, 2019
Start Date: January 3, 2019
Location: Dallas, Texas
Supervisor: Reports to Lead Early Childhood Educator (ages 2.5-4)
How to Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Blackland Prairie Conservatory & Atelier is dedicated to changing the landscape of learning and innovation in the field of education. Our organization and school advocates for science, nature, and the arts as essential tools in the academic journey. We modernize subject-based curriculum through the (re)vitalization, (re)newal, and (re)imaging of the history and culture of education. We believe in ample outdoor time, connections with the natural world, academic excellence, and the invaluable skill of artistic expression.
BPCA is in our fourth year of operation, and our third year of student programming in our day school. Our current student population is 34 (ages 2.5 through 8 years old). We have early childhood classrooms and a mixed-grade program. We anticipate adding another 10-15 students for the 2019-2020 school year.
Our early childhood educators provide a nurturing, orderly and beautiful environment for young children to make their transition from home to school. Our educators lead children in gentle play, songs, stories, painting, baking, nature activities and outdoor play.
- Organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Our ideal candidate will possess a warm, loving personality with continuous awareness of the children’s social and emotional well-being.
- Priority will be given for: bilingual; garden/nature knowledge; passion for art making; and caregivers with experience working with children 2-4 years old.
- Infant and Toddler CPR/First Aid and Food Handling License required (before start date).
- Education in early childhood or related field
- At least three years working in an early childhood setting (ages 2.5-4)
- Experience working in the outdoors, especially in inclement weather
- An open, warm, accessible, welcoming personal style, open to new ideas and willing to explore new approaches.
- Assist young children with social and emotional development through play in outdoor learning environments
- Guide and nurture curiosity through games, stories, songs, and daily activities
- Prepare morning snack and assist students with snack clean up
- Bathroom assistance and diapering our youngest friends
- Cleaning classroom alongside children during play activities
- Rotate dirty snack dishes and clean kitchenette
- Assist and support the two classroom educators with transitions and outdoor gear
Blackland Prairie Conservatory & Atelier provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blackland Prairie Conservatory & Atelier complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.